So what if you kept them in 5A and made a 9-team IMC?
What are the pros and cons of keeping the three Bend schools in 5A?
• Keep things the same. Same rivalries, same schedules, same travel. Things we know work.
• Salem is happy. Eugene is happy. Medford, Roseburg and Grants Pass are happy.
• Less travel over the pass. If you put the Bend schools in either of the latest proposed leagues, you’ve got lots of travel over the mountain passes. Something the valley schools don’t want.
• Less missed school.
• The 3 Bend schools are too big for 5A. They win a lot of championships.
• The other 5A teams would like them to move up to 6A.
So what should be done?