Summit boys & girls sweep individual and state championships… Here are some of the highlights:
• Summit’s 19 points is the lowest score in Oregon boys XC history!
• Matthew Maton breaks state record with a time of 14:45… winning state by a whopping 49 seconds. Maton broke Galen Rupp’s record of 14:55.
• Summit boys put 6 runners in the top 10.
• Summit boys win their 4th state team title in a row.
• Summit has five boys run sub-16 minute times.
• Team Scores: Summit 19, Crater 61, Hermiston 139, Marist 150, Mountain View 156.
• Summit girls win their 7th state team title in a row.
• Summit sophomore Olivia Brooks wins the individual title by one second.
• Brooks joins Hannah Gindlesperger and Megan Fristoe as Summit sophomores to win a state XC title.
• Team Scores: Summit 26, MV 75, Corvallis 111, The Dalles 138.
• Summit puts two freshmen in the top 10: Hannah Tobiason (3) and Taylor Vandenborn (10).